Thursday, October 2, 2008

Party Animals


I love this new birthday set - it was so fun, once I started stamping and making cards, I couldn't stop. For the first card I stamped the little birdie on a scrap of yellow paper, and cut him out. Then I stamped the hat on red and cut that out. I then stamped the bird again on my white image panel and layered the paper pieces over that. I used my crop-a-dile, (which hasn't seen enough use lately, so be prepared to see lots of use in the near future) to punch the holes and set the big eyelets and tied the ribbon thru the eyelets.
Next was the cupcake image - I love this little image, and the little frame to put it in, is just yummy too! For this card, I used up scraps that were sitting on my table from another project. I also added Shimmerz to the cupcake paper and the candle. I love this product - you can go to this blog http://shimmerzpaints.blogspot.com/ to check it out. It is an amazing product. I used my water color brush to apply it to my cupcake. (I also used it on the birdie's party hat) It gives your project the perfect amount of glitter and shine. Check it out - you'll want to get some too! (I've been using it on almost every card I've made lately) back to the card at hand - I used the other (non-brush) end of the paint brush to add little dots of sprinkles to the top of my cupcake. Mmmm, I want a cupcake. Have a great day!

5 comments:

AJ said...

cute!! love it!!

Tricia Ulberg said...

cute cute!

Emilee & Paul said...

Where's your "pick a pedal" cards?? :)

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are darling, and I love the colors with your white bases!!

wendyp said...

They're both adorable!!!