Friday, March 20, 2009

YIPEE!


I have been working on this quilt all week. It is the first quilt that I have finished completely on my own! Yeah me! well - to be honest, I had a little help laying out those first couple of rows, but I love the meinki (how in the world do you spell that????) on it and the velvety ric-rak. so fun! I did a loopy - stippling type quilting all over except on the minki and one patch of really soft fleece. I started this last fall and witht the holidays and a hand injury, it has been put to the side. and then i was just scared to start it - what if i messed it up, but I found that I don't think you can mess up stippling! I do think it will be a while before I tackle another project of this size. i much prefer the smaller table runner ish size!

6 comments:

Jonathan and Cheri said...

Be proud - that is very awesome! It is darling and what a huge accomplishment - love it =)

Carrie Fowler said...

One word ... ADORABLE !!!!

fawndear said...

It's gorgeous! You did fabulous.

joslyn said...

so cute!!

Jen D. said...

Cute quilt Katie! It makes me want to make one or two or three for my kiddos. :) What an accomplishment.

Unknown said...

Love it Katie!! Really cute.